Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Giving Thanks for Some of Life's Blessings

Favourite Fall Photo Ever
Lazybones (1993-2004)
Thanksgiving at the Cottage, 2003
Favourite Adoption Day So Far...
September 5th Stork Delivery
Favourite Adoption Poem
This accompanied a square of cloth for Benjaminh's quilt.
Favourite Place on Earth
Summer Sunrise at the cottage
Favourite Neighbour
Sweet Colin, not a willing model
Favourite Photo of my Favourite (and only) Nephew
Nearly 2 years ago
Favourite Boomer Photo

Actually I also love this one...
And this one...
I am so blessed..
I'm healthy
My family and friends are for the most part healthy.
Those that are not at their best have access to excellent medical care.
I have support for my adoption choices everywhere I turn.
I love my school and my colleagues (even though I'm not thrilled about the library position).
My son resides in an orphanage that has sent healthy, happy, developmentally on-target children to live with dear friends in Canada.
Benjaminh's nanny hovers over him...my kind of nanny.
I live in a country that provides paid job protection for a 35 week parental leave (the money sucks, just enough to pay the mortgage and not much else, but I'm thrilled about the leave anyway).
3 families left today to journey to their children at Benjaminh's orphanage.
May they have a safe and worry free journey.
Perhaps I will be further blessed with updated photos in honour of Canadian
Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving
B

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I always forget you get the big turkey dinner before we do! A great list of blessings!

Colleen said...

Ohhhh. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ange said...

Happy Thanksgiving! So many things to be thankful for. Have a wonderful holiday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and little B. Imagine, you'll celebrate the next together. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend, with beautiful weather, like ours just a little south of the border!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog. Happy Thanksgiving, from one dog lover to another. I love the doggie pics.
Also, I was drawn in because our Vietnamese son's name is Binhjamin, same same but different!